Chief Examiner – Gary Hipes
773-4680 ext. 12313
Noblesville High School
18111 Cumberland Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
November 5 & 7
November 19 & 21
December 10 & 12
REQUIREMENTS TO TAKE GED TEST:
Initial testing fee: $70.00; re-takes (if necessary) $14.00 per test battery
Each candidate must pre-register and pay at Noblesville High School’s main office as early as possible is recommended, but no later than 12:00 noon the Monday prior to the Tuesday night test. Along with the registration fee, candidates must provide three pieces of ID, one MUST BE an Indiana government issued photo ID which provides the correct home address, a signature, and birthdate.
*16 and 17 year olds must also provide a letter of recommendation signed by a Superintendent of an Indiana public school system. It is also recommended that 16 and 17 year olds take the pre-GED. (See test preparation on the second page.) Test sessions are limited to the first 16 candidates to register.
Tuesday: Time limits given are maximum times for testing
5:30 Check in at Room 132 to complete preliminary paperwork and receive testing directions
Science (80 minute time limit)
Social Studies (70 minute time limit)
Reading (65 minute time limit)
5:30 Check in at Room 132 training video for Math test/test directions
Math part I (calculator provided ) and part II (no calculator used – 90 minute time limit)
Writing (120 minute time limit)
To pass the GED test each candidate must:
OFFICIAL RESULTS AND DIPLOMAS Test center no longer receive packets of original credentials for distribution; instead original score reports and certificates are mailed directly to the test taker at no charge. FURTHER, PLEASE BE AWARE: Testing centers are no longer allowed to generate duplicate GED documents. Anyone seeking duplicate transcripts or a GED Certificate of Achievement must contact Diploma Sender at www.diplomasender.com. There will be a $15.00 charge for this service.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE GED TEST AT NOBLESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
1. Bring your photo ID with your signature (such as your driver’s license) and payment receipt to all test sessions. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SHOW PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION PRIOR TO TAKING THE TESTS.
2. DO NOTBRING ANY OTHER MATERIALS WITH YOU. All pencils, pens, calculators, and paper will be provided for you.
3. ARRIVE AT 5:30 to complete preliminary paperwork. On Tuesday to complete GEDTS demographics booklet. On Thursday to see Math instructional video.
4. PARK IN THE BUS LOADING ZONE/FACULTY PARKING on the north end of Noblesville High School. ENTER AT GATE 12, and proceed to Room 132. (enter off Field Drive, map located on the back side of this sheet)
5. CELL PHONES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES MUST BE TURNED OFF and stored in the tote provided in the testing room. These and other prohibited materials may not be at your seat or on your person during testing.
6. Be sure to take care of personal needs (restroom, drinks of water, etc.) before testing starts. CANDIDATES MAY NOT LEAVE THE TESTING ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF A TEST AND THEN RESUME THAT SAME TEST.
7. THERE IS NO SMOKING ON NOBLESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL PROPERTY.
GED/ABE classes and intake testing is offered and administered through the John Hinds Career Center, 1105 N. 19th Street, Elwood, Indiana 46035. To schedule classes or intake testing please call 765-552-9881. Classes continue throughout the year and are available to anyone who is 16 years of age or older and officially withdrawn from high school. In order to start GED, all learners must complete a series of “Intake Testing”. Intake Testing allows us to place students curriculum according to his/her personal learning needs. Testing will take approximately 4 hours. Please be on time and plan to stay the entire time.