Indiana High School Equivalency Credentials Test
Test Coordinator – Gary Hipes
773-4680 ext. 12313
Noblesville High School
18111 Cumberland Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
In January 2014, the State of Indiana replaced the GED test with CTB/McGraw-Hill’s TASC test for individuals who wish to receive their high school equivalency credentials.
2014 Testing Dates
Requirements to take TASC
|February 11 and 13 ||August 19 and 21 |
|March 4 and 6 ||September 2 and 4 |
|March 25 and 27 ||October 7 and 9 |
|May 6 and 8 ||November 4 and 6 |
|June 3 and 5 |
(location change – will now be held at NHS in Room in room 213.
Individuals taking the test will enter at Gate 13)
|December 2 and 4 |
• 18 years of age or older (recommended)
• 16 and 17 year olds permitted to take the TASC test under special circumstances. (See registration information below.)
• Resident of the State of Indiana for 30 days preceding the test date
• Not a high school graduateRegistration
• Initial testing fee = $75.00; re-takes (if necessary) = $15.00 per retested subject
• Each candidate must pre-register and pay at Noblesville High School’s main office.
Individuals may register Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Register as early as possible. Test sessions are limited to 20 individuals per session.
• The deadline for registration is 12:00 p.m. noon on the Friday prior to the Tuesday night test.• Payment must be in the form of a check, money order or cash (correct amount) only.• Along with the registration fee, candidates must provide the following mandatory ID*:
- Current government-issued photo ID with signature (i.e. valid driver’s licenses/valid passport) AND*16 and 17 year olds must also provide a letter of recommendation signed by a Superintendent of an Indiana public school system. It is also recommended that 16 and 17 year olds take TASC pre-test classes (information below).
- Article showing residency in the State of Indiana for 30 days prior to taking test (i.e. utility bill, bank statement) This article must have the candidate’s correct home address on it.
5:30 p.m. Check in at Room 1061 to complete preliminary paperwork and receive testing directions.
6:00-10:00 p.m. Testing in Science, Social Studies, and Reading.
5:30 p.m. Check in at Room 1061.
6:00-10:00 p.m. Testing in Math part 1 (calculator provided), Math part 2 (no calculator used), and Writing.
TASC official test results will be mailed directly to candidates from Diploma Sender. Individuals wishing to receive additional copies of their results must contact Diploma Sender at www.diplomasender.com
To sign up for pre-test classes at any of the following locations, individuals should contact:
John Hinds Career Center
1105 N 19th Street
Elwood, Indiana 46036
Adult Basic Ed/TASC prep classes are available at:
1 Library Plaza
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Westfield Middle School Library
345 W Hoover St
|Monday & Wednesday 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. |
Tipton High School
619 S Main St
|Monday & Thursday 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. |
Hinds Career Center
1105 N 19th St
Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Monday & Thursday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.